Thursday, April 26, 2007

Do Not Fear

Do you ever feel afraid? I do. I worry about all sorts of things. I worry that I won't achieve my goals. I worry about my children. I worry about what other people think or say about me. I worry that I just won't measure up.

But did you know that God's word tells us we don't have to be afraid about anything? God will help us! Isaiah 41:13 says, "For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you.' " To me, that paints such a beautiful picture. Like a parent with His child, He will take hold of my right hand. He hushes away my fear, and tells me He is there for me, and that He will help me.

What scary things are you facing today? Reach up your hand, my friend, and let God take hold of it. Do not be afraid of any giant you may meet, for the God of the universe will help you.

Renae

2 comments:

The Drake Family said...

Renae,
Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Linda

Lynda :-) said...

Thank you! Good encouragement for my first day at my new job! :-)

Blessings!
Lynda M. :-)