Sunday, September 16, 2007

Master Builder

Philippians 1:6 “. . . being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”

Do you ever get impatient? I know I do. I get really impatient with God sometimes, just wanting Him to go ahead and do whatever it is He is doing in my life! And I get impatient with myself, because it seems I will never be the person that God wants me to be. But God has all the time in the world. He is in no hurry. Rather than just slapping together a sub-standard version of our souls, He likes to take his time, sculpting us into a beautiful masterpiece.

And He is not a quitter, either. He began His work in us on the day of our conception! From the moment we had life, He began drawing us to Himself, longing for us to someday choose to have a relationship with Him. And for those of us who have accepted His Son as our Savior, He has been whittling away at our souls from the moment of our salvation. He is molding, sculpting, whittling, . . . discarding the needless, ugly, useless parts, leaving behind only what is lovely and true and perfect. And He is taking His time doing it, because He already knows the finished product, which will be complete on the day our Lord returns!

My friends, God is the master architect, and He holds the blueprints of our lives. Trust Him. He will not leave His work undone. Let Him have His way, and the final results will be stunningly, breathtakingly beautiful.

Dear Father,
I know that You are always working to make me more like You. Thank You for not giving up on me.

Amen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for reminding me that the Master Builder is working on a masterpiece--i needed that!

Unknown said...

dear one,
thanks for this timely thought today. i really needed it: the reminder that he is creating in me, through all my circumstances, a masterpiece.
keep up the ministry through writing, renae.
love,
jlo