Thursday, September 13, 2007

Remember This

Philippians 1:3 “I thank my God every time I remember you.”

What a great example Paul set for his dear readers! He was in prison. Things couldn’t get much worse. There was not much Paul could give thanks for in his current circumstance. So, he looked inside, and pulled out good memories! He remembered people he loved, and he thanked God.

How many times do we get so caught up in our current bad situations that we forget how good God has been? Our Heavenly Father has shown His love to us in countless ways, and has given us the ability to remember all the wonderful things He has done for us! He has given us food and shelter. He has surrounded us with people to love. And, no matter how bad things get, most of us can pull up at least one good, positive, praiseworthy memory.

When we find ourselves in circumstances beyond our control, circumstances which make us angry or break our hearts, we should follow Paul’s example. We should think of something that makes us smile, something for which we are thankful. And we should give thanks to God for His eternal goodness.

Dear Father,
Thank You for all of the good things You have given me in my lifetime. Please help me to remember those things when my circumstances are difficult.

Amen

No comments: